Shivering on the 49th Parallel
Friday, October 29, 2004

Ahh, what bliss... to feel the tiles cool underneath your feet, a cool breeze on your skin and drier air than what I've gotten used to over the last 6 weeks (almost 7). Do I have to even say that I slept like a baby last night?

Power came back last week, water 2 weeks before that, phones came up (except the one phone line that has our ADSL connection) and now air conditioning. As nice as it is, there are a lot of people who still don't even have a roof over their head yet. I made a pact with the devil himself today and traded a future favor with a technician from Cable & Wireless to get our ADSL circuit fixed this afternoon.

Work crews have been going up and down West Bay Road (the main road that goes up through the hotel/tourism section and Seven Mile Beach) and trucks have been going around at sundown and collecting up all the refuse and waste that they've been collecting up.

Cruise ships will be here Monday. Two are scheduled to stop here and the current limit is four per day for the next two weeks. The infrastructure and satisfaction of the cruisers will be examined in that time and perhaps additional capacity will be added in time for American Thanksgiving which is when stayover tourism will start back up again. Cayman Airways has put out their Winter 2004 Shedule and will pick up the Chicago route again on Dec 17th, as well as start up the Boston route then, too.

Don't forget that this weekend is the shoreline and underwater cleanup dives.

Friday, October 29, 2004 1:03:35 PM (Pacific Standard Time, UTC-08:00) | Comments [1] | Cayman#
Thursday, October 28, 2004

A sign that things are back to normal: Endless bureacracy and lack of helpfulness at the Department of Motor Vehicles.

OK, so there are about 8000-10000 destroyed vehicles on the island after Hurricane Ivan. There were also 10000-12000 people who left in the following days, many who are not coming back at all. Stories ran around of people driving to the airport and abandoning their cars there. I even heard of a guy who had picked up a hitchhiker on his way to the airport, and then gave the hitcher the keys when they got to the airport and said “keep it”.

The Fire Service parking lot has been filled with left-behind vehicles, and vehicles that were damaged/looted/ransacked of tires and wheels and gasoline and things like that. The Civil Aviation Authority has yet to decide what to do with the unclaimed cars. Some of them may have been damaged/submerged or just left behind in the exodus.

One of the many, many cars that was left behind was left behind by a friend of mine. He left the keys, the title/logbook/paperwork behind and said Use it, sell it, whatever. I'm outta here. I'm trying to get rid of it, but have run into a slight problem: In order to transfer the title, the title itself needs to be signed by the owner of the vehicle. No problem, just fedex the paperwork to him, have it signed and notarised, fedex it back and it's a done deal. All I'll be out is some time and $35 bucks for the fedex envelope.

The problem that's occured however, is that the owner of this vehicle has gone off for “basic training” for lack of a better word and is then headed back to Iraq as a “contractor” providing close-support protection. Basically he's going back as a merc. He's now out of contact for the duration of his training, and if they send him right from camp to his assignment, he's going to be out of contact for a long time. I sure as hell hope that I don't see his head (without the rest of him) on Al-Jazeera.

The Cayman Dept of Motor Vehicles doesn't care, though. They require the registered owner's signature, duly notarised, to transfer the ar to someone else. I explained the situation to them, and they said too bad. I said “What if (god forbid) something happens to him over there? what then? They're unflappable. They just repeated “we require the registered owner's signature, duly notarised, to transfer the registration” end of story.

SO what I need to do now is find a Notary who will accept that the email I got from him saying “it's yours” is valid and will put their stamp on an affadavit authorising the transfer, or else this vehicle will sit here on the island to be found by some future civilization.

Bunch of arse.

Thursday, October 28, 2004 9:30:22 AM (Pacific Standard Time, UTC-08:00) | Comments [2] | Cayman#
Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Thanks to Brad, I have somewhat reliable transportation for the moment. He's got a spare, plus he's going on vacation today so he said I could use his car. It's a gorgeous powder blue mercury topaz of a 1986 vintage. I couldn't quite pinpoint the smell, but it was familiar and WAS NOT wet dog/hurricane/sewage smell, which is a good thing. This morning on the way to work I recognized the smell: it reminds me of my grampa's work car back when I was a kid. Dirt, sunbaked old car and tool smell! :)

If only the driver's side window rolled down, I'd be set. As it is, the passenger window goes down, and the A/C is broken, but at least I can get in to work and back. I tried to drive it downtown yesterday to go to the motor vehicle dept and get some other paperwork sorted, but in the heat of the day, in downtown traffic (there are still no streetlights, so it's Guerrila 4-way Stop situations) it very nearly overheated, and it DID stall and I had to wait a few mins before it would start up again. I got it back to the office and parked it there until it was time to go home.

Driving home is a tricky gamble: I have to wait til after 5:30 or so so I dont encounter any traffic going home, but I have to make sure it's before the sun goes down because the headlights are pretty much for decoration only! :-)

I noticed this morning on the way in that Canton Restaurant has a hand-painted sign out by the road saying that they're open! woo! Canton at The Strand is the best Chinese restaurant on the island.

Wednesday, October 27, 2004 5:53:04 AM (Pacific Standard Time, UTC-08:00) | Comments [2] | Cayman#
Monday, October 25, 2004
Dive 2 from Sunday, October 24, 2004.
Monday, October 25, 2004 7:52:58 AM (Pacific Standard Time, UTC-08:00) | Comments [0] | Cayman | Underwater#
I went diving Sunday with Fisheye. Trinity Caves first, which I cover in this post, and Chain Reef for the 2nd tank which I'll cover in the next post.
Monday, October 25, 2004 6:56:56 AM (Pacific Standard Time, UTC-08:00) | Comments [1] | Cayman | Underwater#
Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Last night I worked late. We got the servers (the main/important ones anyway) moved to the new temporary offices and got them wired in, and I was downstairs ghosting workstations and configuring them and all of a sudden it was nearly 8:00pm. Everton gave me a lift all the way home, as he was going somewhere near West Bay.

The lights have been on at 4-way stop in West Bay for awhile now. Subway is open there again, for starters. Two nights ago we were driving up NW Point Road and I saw STREETLIGHTS! unfortuantely they were on Town Hall Road (if you don't take the left fork onto NW point road towards the Turtle Farm, you stay on Town Hall Road, which leads you to Hell). Last night at the fork in the road, there was a streetlight on.. and streetlights heading down NW point road, too! I started getting excited! Power! wow! what was I going to do first? A/C? Laundry? ceiling fans?

The streetlights stopped about a block short of our house, right before Brittany Cove (where G & Darlene lived) WHAT a letdown! Damn! the good news is that while I was sitting at the table having a cup of capuccino this morning, I saw two CUC guys in hardhats walk past our place and around the side of the houses where the meters are, and when we left, we had to go around a big CUC bucket truck that was parked at the pole that feeds our complex! w00t!

I guess we'll have power back tonight when we get home! Our a/c units have been replaced (as in put back where they were, as opposed to being replaced with new ones) and plumbed/piped back into the building. Whether or not they'll work, or will work for an hour and then seize up I don't know. I can't see them spending the money to re-plumb them if they were bad, but I can't think of any way they could have tested them, either. Thankfully I'm already prepared for that eventuality. My little window A/C Unit from Superstar Mark in Austin is waiting for me down at Cargo.

Update! 0916 20.10.2004 Power is on! Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Wednesday, October 20, 2004 5:48:56 AM (Pacific Standard Time, UTC-08:00) | Comments [0] | Hurricane#
Monday, October 18, 2004

I've said it a few times lately... I really don't miss TV all that much.

Last week I had a rare couple minutes of mindless surfing, so I went to to see what was new. Someone had posted Season 1 Episode 6 of “Joey”. While I probably might have tuned in once or twice to see what the show was like, I really didn't care too much about it. What numbed me for a moment was that it was up to Episode 6 already. The LAST thing I heard about it was “Starting in September!”

I've “lost” six weeks of my life! Not lost in a bad sense, like losing a priceless heirloom, by lost in that I didnt realize that so much time had elapsed. On one hand, it seems like a short period since the “before Ivan” period, and on the other, it seems like another lifetime. I don't really remember what the island looked like anymore, how my car smelled (other than like ass a day after it rained) or what the landscape looked like. And that's not including the underwater landscape/scenery.

After all is said and done and power, water, telephone and cable are restored to our apartment, A/C is fixed and life returns “to normal” I'm not even going to remember what I used to like watching on TV!

Food Network and Comedy Central, which I waited (literally) years to get down here, are probably not part of the limited broadcasting that WestStar is providing (free for October and November). Those channels were good to put on when there was nothing else on, and provided interesting and funny “background” noise while puttering around in the house and/or on my computers. Discovery Channel is usually pretty good and nothing beats History Channel on a Sunday afternoon. Other than The Sopranos which isnt back for it's (final) season until 2005, I don't really have any other “must see TV”

But that'll all change when I get XMLTV sorted out and start running Windows Media Center 2005 or Freevo :-)

Monday, October 18, 2004 12:53:25 PM (Pacific Standard Time, UTC-08:00) | Comments [1] | Hurricane#

Well what an enjoyable weekend THAT was! (not)

Friday evening HazMat Jenny made some sort of lo-carb pasta thing and I don't think it agreed with me AT ALL. I woke up around midnight and for the rest of the night I did my impression of the kid in The Exorcist Not fun. On top of that, there was no A/C. I lay there shivering and covering up with my fishie blankie, and then got too hot so kicked it off, and then the fan blowing directly on my sweaty carcass made it cold again... man, I got zero sleep. In the AM, when I ran out of bodily fluids to lose, I started cramping up. My god, it made my eyes water a couple times it hurt so much. Plus I was so dehydrated that all my joints started to ache. I finally got out of bed around 2:30 in the afternoon, but I still wasnt feeling well.

We had another cookout, at The Ranch this time, but I couldn't eat anything yet. I had a little Gatorade, but that started making my tummy growl again, so I stopped and switched back to water. Had some Chicken flavored Ramen Noodles last night and that stayed down, so I THINK I'm OK now.

Sunday morning Brad and I went down to James' house to rescue the spare parts for the Defender that he emailed me and said were there. We didn't have a key, so I gave Brad a boost and he went up and over the wall and through the roof which was no longer there. Unfortunately, someone beat us to it. The place had been looted already, James' new TV, his Playstation 2, and all the auto parts were nowhere to be found.

Today's moving day at work. Ugh. 9 servers, 4 dedicated circuits, 2 ADSL lines, all the handsets, the phone system and then get all the new computers configured and ready to go for the users. Thankfully we've decided (for our temporary facilities) to use 802.11g wireless instead of having to run and crimp all_those_friggin_cables.

I think we get power back at home tonight! Man it's going to be like the I HAVE CREATED FIRE scene from Castaway tonight if that happens!

Monday, October 18, 2004 7:59:29 AM (Pacific Standard Time, UTC-08:00) | Comments [0] | Hurricane#
Thursday, October 14, 2004

Just made it back to The Rock again. I thought FOR SURE I was going to miss the flight! 60 mins out and I had to turn back from the terminal and go return the rental car. I thought it was like the Tampa Airport, where you return the car and walk about 50 feet to the ticket counter, but noooo Miami Int'l you have to backtrack a couple miles to the off-site depot and then catch the bus back to the terminal.

Once there I discovered that you can't take an Air Conditioning unit on the plane. Sucks! Jean volunteered to go to the terminal and rescue it for me and drop it off at Cargo, (Yay Jean!) :-) so I should get it in a few days. As far as I know we don't have power back yet anyway.

All my luggage arrived on the same flight as me this time, too. I didn't think any of it would make it because A) I was so late and B) they had tags on them that said STANDBY NR on them. Imagine my surprise when I got all three!

I added a bunch of links to the blogroll (lower right hand column) of places that I check out on a fairly frequent occasion. Check em if you feel like it, or don't.

Richard & Stephen are probably near the summit of Killimanjaro about now. They left nearly two weeks ago for their big trip. Im sure they'll have pictures up on their websites soon after they get back.

Thursday, October 14, 2004 9:25:38 AM (Pacific Standard Time, UTC-08:00) | Comments [0] | Cayman | Links#
Tuesday, October 12, 2004

OK, so some of you were checking here (either by RSS or old-fashioned web surfing) in the days leading up to, during, and after the storm, looking to see if we'd all made it through. I won't beat any dead horses about lack of coverage of the Cayman Islands in the news, because it's moot now.

A few days ago I posted an article about how I had figured out a way to get Mobile Web working on my Motorola MPx200 SmartPhone, and mentioned how handy it would have been to have that during the storm, as Cable & Wireless' GSM network did not go down through the hurricane (you just sometimes had to go to places where the signal was strong enough to make a call) unlike other providers who took up to six or seven days to come back up.

With that setup, I would have been able to surf on over here via the built-in version of Internet Explorer, log-in, and post a “we're OK” message. Probably not much more, because typing a long message with a cell-phone keypad is probably the same sort of sensation as masturbating with a cheese grater: slightly amusing, but mostly irritating.

I've now taken it one-step further by figuring out how to access my email from the phone. It wasn't hard, it was just one of those things that I never got around to setting up. I can now download headers of my email and if something is important, download the message and respond to it right away. Other than that, it won't automatically check my email and download anything, because I only get ONE MEGABYTE of data per month, and then I get charged PER KILOBYTE after that. In an emergency, I would use it, but not for casual emailing.

Not only can I check/receive email on the phone, but I can send it out as well. I've also configured my website to accept posts from me via email. I can write an email (see above about message length) to the website and it will show up here as a new post automagically! Wicked-cool, huh? (OK, it's cool if you actually own a propeller beanie)

So NEXT TIME a Category Five Storm-Of-The-Century comes along and happens to hit Cayman right in the nose, I'll be able to post a message while sitting on the roof behind the chimney to stay out of the 225mph+ winds! (except we werent sitting on the roof, and no one HAS chimneys down here... who the hell has a fireplace in the tropics? Besides Barrie & Leslie that is)

Tuesday, October 12, 2004 12:14:08 PM (Pacific Standard Time, UTC-08:00) | Comments [2] | Hurricane | Gadgets | Microsoft | WWW#
Monday, October 11, 2004

HazMat Jenny and I spent all day cleaning our apartment. What a huge job that was. I went in the week after the storm and wet-mopped the whole floor (even under the bed) and moved all the furniture around as I did it aside from the closets.

HazMat Jenny did the bathroom and bathroom floor, then we took apart the fridge & freezer and cleaned all that stuff out. We left the icemaker out cause it was busted anyway, and hopefully we can get a replacement.

There was a bag of frozen strawberries in the freezer (and some blackberries too I think) that I used for making smoothies back in the day, when we had power, water,  groceries and perishables. I threw them all out weeks ago, but they had still thawed to goo/puree and leaked inside the fridge and on the floor when I opened the door. We left the fridge & freezer clean and smell-free and put a bowl of baking soda in there as well to hopefully absorb some of the remaining smell.

We then tackled the rest of the kitchen, wet-mopped the floor and then tackled the Harry Potter room. Once that was cleared out and cleaned out we could start putting stuff into storage in there, making more room in the living room. Once evrything was pretty much cleared, we swept and wet-mopped the living room, and HazMat Jenny followed along behind me with the swiffer.

We moved the table & 2 chairs back down to eat on, and brought the couch downstairs as well. All that's left to do now is the bedroom, which needs another going over with the mop & swiffer, and the closets. I have the bookcase from upstairs in my closet with Jenny's stereo on top of it. It sucked up the water that was on the floor up about 6 inches. Once I get it out I'll check and see if the bookcase is still strong, otherwise I'll shore it up with some new wood and more screws. What do I care if the bottom 6 inches aren't up to Ork's standards? :-)

As we were putting the living room back together, I found a coin with a square hole in it in the corner of the room. I knew it wasn't mine, so I assumed it was Jenny's. I put it on the counter and continued mopping the floor. When we were done, I picked up the coin and said “is this yours?” She said “Yes, when I bought that coffee table at that Feng Shui place in town it had a little booklet with it saying to put this coin in the corner of the room to protect it”

Both apartments on either side of us had ceiling and flood damage and had mold & mildew multiplying on the walls. The buildings across the street from us were gutted and lost their roofs completely. SO did we have good luck, or did we have luck from the Feng Shui coin protecting the room, or was it just a huge co-incidence?

I should have put that coin in my car

Monday, October 11, 2004 9:04:37 AM (Pacific Standard Time, UTC-08:00) | Comments [0] | Cayman | Hurricane#
Saturday, October 9, 2004

The Barefoot Man has a new song that's already playing on the radio. I guess it's title is just “Hurricane Ivan” but ya never know. It might be something else. It's pretty funny, pretty topical, and you probably have to have lived here to get a lot of the “inside joke” riffs, too.

I've emailed him and asked for his permission to post a clip of it here, and you can buy the CD (and his other ones) on his website as well.

Moved back into my apt today. Jenny gets back in about.. oops! gotta run to the airport and get her! HazMat Jenny is going to have to make an appearance and we'll get our apt spic n span this weekend. Toby & Tweeter are happy to be back home now too, I think.

Bruce is heading home tomorrow, after living in (ahem) paradise with us for a few weeks. He's THE MAN who brought down the generator and food a few weeks back. We were going to have a cookout tonight (still thanks to Mark in Austin) but we're going to postpone it for a couple nights.

Saturday, October 9, 2004 12:13:00 PM (Pacific Standard Time, UTC-08:00) | Comments [0] | Cayman | Hurricane#
Thursday, October 7, 2004

A 5th photo album is up now. These are pics from a couple weeks ago. Everton took them (with his sweet-ass EOS Rebel Digital) all the way out to East End and back. Pictures are of Ocean Club, Mariner's Cove, Bodden Town, Breakers, East End (including Morrit's Tortuga Club) and Northside. I also rearranged the photo album page so that there's a page just for Hurricane Ivan Photos separate from underwater and travel photos. Go on over and take a look.

Below is a link to a video clip from the peak of the storm, looking westish from the ranch. Right-click and select Save As and download a copy of it for yourself rather than keep clicking on it and chewing up Rich's bandwidth.

2004-09-11 Hurricane Ivan 163.avi (2.65 MB)
Thursday, October 7, 2004 11:14:41 AM (Pacific Standard Time, UTC-08:00) | Comments [2] | Cayman | Hurricane#

Me with a beard. I call it “The Ché”

My body has gotten used to the new routine now, I guess it has been for a little bit now. I didn't think about it til just a couple days ago, and when I did, I realized just how alike every day is.

Usually wake up around 0530 when it starts getting light out (The roosters dont help, they start crowing at 2300 for awhile, and then at 0300, and then again around 0500 or so and then keep it up ALL DAY LONG. I really don't hear them all that much anymore, I guess my brain just filters them out. Water comes on around 6ish, and there's nothing like a cold shower to awaken and invigorate you, and get the slimy feeling of sweating all night off of you. After that, we fire up some sterno and boil the kettle for breakfast. Instant coffee and a slice of bread with \$g\((?PB&J[\w\s\d]+)\)  on it for breakfast.

I've never had a PB&J sandwich until this hurricane. As a kid, I didn't like it. As I got older and had Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and things I figured one day I'd give it a try. As PB doesnt really need to be refrigerated, I bought some and put it in my Hurricane Preparedness Kit. Same thing with oatmeal. I like Oatmeal cookies, but never really liked oatmeal on it's own. John says that's why we got hit with the hurricane, cause it was Mother Nature's way of forcing me to try them. :-)

After Breakfast, about 0630 or so I have a couple hours “to myself” while it's cool and light out. The last week or so that cool time has been spent up to my elbows in greasy Jeep engine compartment. Usually around 0830 or so I leave for work, and if I have any stops to make, I do them then (such as going to Parker's for car parts... I think they should just put a cot in there for me I spend so much time in there). Cafe Del Sol is open again, but I don't know if theyr'e serving coffee yet, just internet provision. Olde English Bakery is open downtown as well for internet access and The Full Monty! (I havent had one of those since before we did the South Beach Diet in Feb!)  They're also selling the “I Survived Hurricane Ivan” t-shirts to help the hurricane relief fund. I heard that last week alone they donated $10,000. at $15 bucks a shirt, THAT'S A LOT OF SHIRTS!

Speaking of Internet Connections, I finally got my MPx200 Mobile Web up and running. I REALLY wish I had figured it out before, as I could have been posting to here DURING the storm. The Access Point name in the Edit Data Connections page is CASE-SENSETIVE. Bloody hell.

So I get in to work around 0900. I spend the day troubleshooting (we've got our systems up and running here and there and connected via this-n-that) and extracting machines from the debris, cleaning them up and seeing if they still work. Thankfully all the data was stored on the servers which survived, as did their backups. If everyone had their own data locally, like some places do who don't want to centralize everything and give certain sysadmins “too much power” then we woulda been hosed. Lunch was being provided/flown in for us at first, but now that restaurants are starting to open up again, Lunch has been a lunch-break. Yesterday I went and sat at the bar at Lone Star and had a cheeseburger and fries. Little things like that that make it feel like we're making progress. Subway, BK, Wendy's are open, Fidel Murphy's is open, Hammerheads and Paradise Bar & Grill are open. Champion House is open as well, but a bunch of staff who have eaten there recently have all gotten sick, so I'll steer clear of there.

Work usually goes til 1700, and I usually stick around til about 1800. Get my “personal” surfing in on my own time, and then head home making a stop at Foster's at the Airport (which has a limited supply of meat now that other groceries don't) Get home, take another cold shower while the water's still on, fix something to eat around 1930 or so, maybe a little later.

By then it's pretty much pitch black. Finish up, clean up and then that's about it. I've been listening to the Freeplay Radio and reading by oil lamp and/or the ambient light on the Coleman Portable Power Center. Rarely am I still awake by 2200, but if I am, the stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of West Bay. The Milky Way stretches from horizon to horizon, and there are SO MANY stars visible that it's hard to see even well-known constellations like the Big DipperOrion and Cassiopeia. There's more light pollution at night now that so many people are running generators, and along with that, instead of sleeping to crickets, you get to sleep to the sound of generators.

Lather, rinse and repeat as necessary.

Thursday, October 7, 2004 8:57:23 AM (Pacific Standard Time, UTC-08:00) | Comments [0] | Hurricane#
Wednesday, October 6, 2004

Joanne & Jules modelling the Cayman Islands Fall Line

Yesterday Northwest Point Road was closed to traffic (well ok I drove around the cones) and there were close to 100 people from West Bay public dock all the way to about Watercourse Road. They were armed with shovels, rakes, brooms, machetes and chainsaws. There were also two or three dump trucks and a bunch of real-life-size Tonka Toys. NW Point Road is fairly cleaned up now, which was probably a pre-requisite for CUC to come along and check the power lines.

Yesterday I saw a map of CUCs projected schedule. West Bay was the first section, with a scheduled energising date of Oct 5th to 31st. That hopefully means that sometime this month we'll get power back in West Bay. We won't get A/C back, as all the A/C units behind our apartment were swept away by waves. Power does mean fans though, and that's a good start.

I'm still up to my elbows in the Jeep. Starting to piss me off, I've reached the limit of what I can do with my tools and my knowledge. FINALLY got the flare nut on the power steering pump to loosen last night, but it didn't really. It was the WHOLE THING that moved and bent/twisted/crimped the steel part of the pressure hose. At that point, I cut the hose on the rubber and pulled it out. Now I have to try and get the pulley off and onto the new pump, and then try and get the rest of the pressure hose off, get a replacement hose and try to get it on... THEN I can add fluid and bleed it out and hope that the issue is fixed.

If you're curious, they're selling those T-shirts at Olde English Bakery downtown, and they also have internet access available. Cafe Del Sol re-opened yesterday or today as well for internet access.

Wednesday, October 6, 2004 2:27:16 PM (Pacific Standard Time, UTC-08:00) | Comments [3] | Hurricane#
Tuesday, October 5, 2004

If you get an email from “Faccinmark” with the address IT  IS NOT FROM ME.

this is the second day in a row I've seen an email from that address show up in my inbox. Different subject lines, and just a :) as the body and an attachment that Outlook blocks, so it's a bad script or program.

If you get an email from that address, don't open it, and for god's sake, don't email me and yell at me that I sent you a virus.

Tuesday, October 5, 2004 6:59:20 AM (Pacific Standard Time, UTC-08:00) | Comments [0] | Rants | WWW#
Monday, October 4, 2004

Just in case people were having trouble finding the photos of the storm, I renamed the link on the right (under where it says Navigation) to Hurricane Ivan Photo Albums just to remove any shadow of doubt.

Or you can just click here

Monday, October 4, 2004 7:36:27 AM (Pacific Standard Time, UTC-08:00) | Comments [1] | Hurricane#
Sunday, October 3, 2004

Thanks to Mark M, we had real beef burgers last night. We all went over to Jo's and cooked em up over there. There were Zac, Steph, Joanne, Bruce, Matty, Me, Frank (who owns The Ranch), Jules, Susan and Tim. we had some cold drinks, some hot burgers, and we played Pringles Trivial Pursuit Chips for awhile. These chips have questions and answers printed on the chips themselves. Whoever got the answer right got the chip!

Curfew has been extended now til 10pm so we didnt have to eat & run like last time. We only went through one package of patties, so the other is in the fridge til maybe Wednesday or Thursday and we'll do it all again.

I ran out of razor blades when I was in Miami, I dulled out about 3 Mach3 razors trying to get the fuzz off my face. Thankfully I realized it before I did too much damage, and was able to leave some semblance of “I meant to do this” goatee (sort of) Afterwards I decided I'd keep it until Pirates Week (if we still have a Pirates Week this year) and hopefully by then (November) I'll have power back and can bust out the clippers and get rid of it all.

The New Cooler kicks ass, and I've been able to get some ice at work that's flown in from Cayman Brac daily. I only remembered that yesterday though, so FROM NOW ON we'll have a cold ice chest as well as the fridge every now and then when they fire up the new generator.

Sunday, October 3, 2004 9:34:59 AM (Pacific Standard Time, UTC-08:00) | Comments [0] | Hurricane#
Saturday, October 2, 2004
It depends on your definition of normal
Saturday, October 2, 2004 8:48:58 AM (Pacific Standard Time, UTC-08:00) | Comments [1] | Hurricane#
Admin Login
Sign In
Pick a theme: